Lauki Shimla Mirch Sabzi is a simple and delicious sabzi made with lauki and capsicum and tangy tomatoes. I have used Tri color capsicum but you can use only green color capsicum too.
Lauki is a versatile vegetable that can be used in preparing a variety of savory and sweet dishes. Lauki which is also as bottle squash, white gourd, trumpet gourd, lauki, doodhi, ghia and calabash gourd. Bottle gourd contains less in calories with no fat. It also contains essential vitamins and minerals like Vitamin C Vitamin B, Vitamin K, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Iron, Folate, Potassium, and Manganese.
Lauki Shimla Mirch Sabzi or Bottlegourd With Capsicum – Perfect Lunch Recipe
Lauki ( into small cubes ) – 1 medium
Chopped Tri-Color Capsicum – 1 cup
Finely chopped onion – 1 big
Tomato Puree – 2 big
Finely chopped coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
Finely chopped green chilly – 1
Finely chopped ginger – 1 inch
Finely chopped garlic – 3
Sabzi masala – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Pressure cook lauki near to one whistle with 1/2 cup of water. Now open the pressure cooker immediately. Keep boiled lauki aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and allow them to pop.
- Now add onions and cook until translucent.
- Then add garlic and ginger cook for a minute. Now cook until onion is golden brown.
- Now lower the flame and add sabzi masala, turmeric, coriander powder, and salt. Cook for a minute.
- Now add tomato puree and cook until masala leaves oil.
- Add chopped tri color capsicum, chopped green chilly and cook for 5 minutes until tender on a low medium flame.
- Now add boiled lauki (with water) and mix well. Cook for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with hot parathas or steamed rice.