Amazing Combo Of Lauki and Tri Color Capsicum
Lauki Shimla Mirch Sabzi is a simple and delicious sabzi made with lauki and capsicum and tangy tomatoes. I have used Tri color capsicum but you can use only green color capsicum too.
Lauki is a versatile vegetable that can be used in preparing a variety of savory and sweet dishes.
Lauki which is also as bottle squash, white gourd, trumpet gourd, lauki, doodhi, ghia and calabash gourd. Bottle gourd contains less in calories with no fat. It also contains essential vitamins and minerals like Vitamin C Vitamin B, Vitamin K, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Iron, Folate, Potassium, and Manganese.
Boiled Lauki ( into small cubes ) – 1 medium
Tri Color Capsicum – 1 cup
Finely chopped onion – 1 big
Finely chopped tomato – 2 big
Finely chopped coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
Finely chopped green chilly – 1
Finely chopped ginger – 1 inch
Finely chopped garlic – 3
Sabzi masala – 1/2 tsp
Tumeric – 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Pressure cook lauki near to one whistle. Now open the pressure cooker immediately. Keep boiled lauki aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, cumin. When they splutter.
- Then add cumin seeds and add onions cook until translucent.
- Then add garlic and ginger cook for a minute. Now cook until onion is golden brown.
- Now lower the flame and add sabzi masala, turmeric, coriander powder, and salt.Cook for a minute.
- Now add chopped tomato and cook until masala leaves oil.
- Add chopped tri color capsicum, chopped green chilly and cook for 2-3 minutes until tender.
- Now add boiled lauki and mix well. Cook for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with hot parathas and chapaties.