The sweet aroma and warm taste of cinnamon make a very unique spice for cooking or baking. Cinnamon is loaded with powerful antioxidants, such as polyphenols. It helps the body fight infections and repair tissue damage. You can use cinnamon powder in baking or in soups even in teas.
It can also help you to lose weight. Weight loss is defined as the reduction of total body mass due to loss of fluid, body fat, adipose tissues or lean mass.
How to make Cinnamon powder at home?
This can be prepared by roasting whole cinnamon and then crushing it into a fine powder. While grinding add 1 tbsp of brown sugar ( for one cup cinnamon sticks).
1 cup broken cinnamon sticks.
1 tbsp brown sugar.
- Dry roast cinnamon in a pan for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Switch off the flame and transfer roasted cinnamon to a big plate. Let it cool completely.
- Now grind roasted cinnamon sticks with 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Homemade Cinnamon powder is ready to use.
How to store?
Store in an airtight jar in a cool, dry place.
You can make it in bulk. A small amount of it can be stored in a bottle for daily use and the rest can be kept in a refrigerator.
It is best used within three months.
- If you want very fine powder. Sieve the mixture.
- You can also grind cinnamon without sugar. Sugar is added because it creates friction to grind cinnamon into a fine powder.
Categories: Tuesday Tips