Homemade Tea Masala
A pinch of spices makes chai a lot more interesting. Here is a simple homemade tea masala recipe with very few ingredients.
Cloves – 2 tbsp
Green cardamoms- 1/4 cup
Black pepper – 1 & 1/2 tbsp
Cinnamon – 4 medium-size stick
Fennel – 1/8 cup
- Dry roast all ingredients except fennel in a non-stick pan and dry roast on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Now dry roast fennel for 15 seconds separately because it burns faster.
- Transfer roasted spices into a plate and keep aside to cool completely.
- Then blend all cool spices and make a fine powder.
- Store in an air-tight container and use as required.
* This remains fresh for 4 months when stored in an air-tight container and 8 months when stored in a refrigerator.
* You can add dry ginger powder ( 1/4 cup ). I didn’t add ginger powder because I like freshly grated ginger in my tea.
Categories: Tuesday Tips