Bhindi do pyaza as name says the presence of double the quantity of onions. It is simple, quick and easy to make sabzi recipe made from okra, onions. It’s perfect for lunch or dinner.
Bhindi Do Pyaza
Bhindi ( chopped lengthwise) -250 gms
Onions ( chopped lengthwise)- 2 big
Finely chopped ginger – 1 inch
Finely chopped garlic – 3
Finely chopped coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Curd – 1/4 cup
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
Mustard oil – 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add cumin. Allow them to crackle.
- Add the onions and cook till translucent.
- Now add ginger, garlic, green chili and cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Add coriander powder, turmeric, red chili powder with curd. Mix them well and cook for 2 minutes on medium-low flame.
- Then add bhindi and cook over medium flame till they are soft.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.Serve hot with parathas.