This cake is spongy, moist and perfect dessert for the summer season. Mango lovers – Do try this cake ……..
Today I am sharing wonderful and flavorful mango cake recipe. It’s an easy cake recipe made with fresh mango puree, whole wheat flour, and sugar. It can be served as a dessert or with evening tea.
Mango Cake – No Egg No Butter No Maida
Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
Fresh Mango Puree – 1 cup
Powdered Sugar – 1/2 cup
Refined Oil – 1/4 cup
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Baking soda or Eno – 1/2 tsp
Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
A pinch of salt
Mix chocolate chips – 1/4 cup
- Dry Ingredients – Sieve whole wheat flour, baking soda or Eno, baking powder, and salt. Keep it aside.
- Wet Ingredients – Now mix mango puree, sugar, oil in a grinder until smooth.
- Mix both dry and wet mixtures to make a smooth batter.
- Greased the baking pan with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly.
- Pour batter into a greased baking tin.
- Sprinkle mix chocolate chips over cake and with help of spatula press gently.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Adjust sugar according to your taste.
- Baking time may vary.
- If cake batter looks dry, add 2- 4 tbsp of milk.
- If baking in Oven: Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg Celsius or around 360 Fahrenheit for about 1 hour. The baking time may vary. So keep checking the cake after 40 to 45 minutes.
- Toss chocolate chips with 1/2 tbsp of whole wheat flour before sprinkling on the cake.
- Slice cake when cool down completely.
Pressure Cooker Method:
Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin.
- Use the baking tin of 6 inches in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker.
- Use a 5-liter pressure cooker. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan.
- Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium.
- If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn ( overbake ) the cake. So use pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand.
- No gasket and whistle are needed. Remove them before baking.
- Don’t add water to the pressure cooker.
How to Bake In A Pressure Cooker?
- Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes. Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker. Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand.
- Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter ( Do not put water inside the pressure cooker).
- Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber ring) from the lid.
- Lower the flame after 2 minutes. Let it bake for 50 -60 minutes on low flame. After 60 minutes check cake with a knife, if the mixture does not stick, it means the cake is done.
- If batter still sticks to knife then again bake for another 10 minutes. Do not open the lid immediately.
- Eggless Pressure Cooker Cake is ready.
Categories: Cooker Cake