I had shared many recipes with mango like mango rava dhokla, mango garlic cubes, mango cherry popsicles. Today I am sharing wonderful and flavorful mango cake recipe. It’s an easy cake recipe made with fresh mango puree, whole wheat flour, and sugar. It can be served as a dessert or with evening tea.
Mango Cake – No Egg No Butter No Maida
Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
Fresh Mango Puree – 1 cup
Powdered Sugar – 1/2 cup
Refined Oil – 1/4 cup
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Baking soda or eno – 1/2 tsp
Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
A pinch of salt
Chocolate chips – 1/4 cup
(Mix mango chips and chocolate chips)
Dry Ingredients- Sieve whole wheat flour, baking soda or eno, baking powder, and salt. Keep it aside.
Wet Ingredients – Now mix mango purée, sugar, oil in a grinder until smooth.Mix both dry and wet mixtures and make a smooth batter.
Mix both dry and wet mixtures and make a smooth batter.
Pour batter into a greased baking tin and sprinkle mix chocolate chips on the cake batter. Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes.
* Baking time may vary.
* Before trying to demold cake from a pan, it’s important to let the cake for at
least 20 minutes.
* Toss chocolate chips with 1/2 tbsp of whole wheat flour before sprinkling on the
Pressure Cooker Method:
Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin.
- Use the baking tin of 6 inches in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker.
- Use a 5-liter pressure cooker. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan.
- Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium.
- If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn ( over bake ) the cake. So use pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand.
- No gasket and whistle are needed. Remove them before baking.
- Don’t add water to the pressure cooker.
Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes.
Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker. Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand. Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter ( Do not put water inside the pressure cooker).
Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber ring) from the lid. Lower the flame after 2 minutes.
Let it bake for 60 minutes on low flame. After 60 minutes check cake with a knife, if the mixture does not stick, it means the cake is done. If batter still sticks to knife then again bake for 10 minutes. Do not open the lid immediately.
Do not open the lid immediately.
After 10 minutes open the lid to check whether the cake is done. Put a knife inside the cake.
If the mixture does not stick to it, it means the cake is done.
Enjoy eggless pressure cooker cake.
Categories: Cooker Cake