People’s preference for either tea or coffee is rooted in their genes. Being a Pahadi, Chai is like a drug to us – “One cuppa chai is all we need”.
Beaten coffee is very different from the regular coffee which we make using instant coffee powders. This coffee is deliciously creamy, rich and frothy. I am not a big fan of coffee but I had beaten coffee at my friend’s place and I loved it.
Thank you, Isha Dabral for this wonderful beaten coffee recipe.
The reason it is called Beaten Coffee as the process involves beating the coffee and sugar mixture to incorporate air into it. When hot milk is added to this frothy coffee mixture, it releases air making a thick froth on top of the cup.
The process of beating the mixture though takes a good 20 minutes if using your hands. I used hand blender to beat my coffee mixture and all it takes is 5 minutes for it to reach the perfect light and foamy consistency and the taste is just perfect and no muscle work.
Hand Beaten Coffee | Two ways – Hot Cappuccino & Hot Chocolate Cappuccino
For 2 cups
Coffee – 2 tsp
Powdered Sugar or Brown Sugar – 4 tsp or ( as per your taste )
Water – 1 tsp
Hot milk – 2 cups
Cocoa powder – 1 tbsp
- Mix all the above ingredients ( except hot milk & cocoa powder ) in a cup.
- Now beat this mixture with a spoon or with hand beater. Beat the mixture continuously for 4 to 5 minutes.
- After a while, the mixture will be light brown in color and also so thick that it will not drop off the spoon if turned over.
- Now boil the milk and add 2 tbsp of beaten coffee mixture in a cup and add hot milk. Stir and enjoy.
- For chocolate flavor, add 1/2 tsp cocoa powder beat the coffee gain for a minute. Then add add 2 tbsp of beaten chocolate coffee mixture in a cup and add hot milk. Stir and sprinkle some chocolate chips.