Healthy Tea – Gur Wali Chai or Jaggery Tea
Jaggery is loaded with antioxidants and minerals such as zinc and selenium, which in turn help prevent free-radical damage and also boost resistance against infections. Today I am sharing a recipe of gur wali chai with milk.
For 2 cups
Water – 1 & 1/2 cup
Milk – 3/4 cup
Fennel or Sauf – 1 tsp
Black pepper powder – 1/8 tsp
Cardamon powder – 1/4 tsp
Crushed jaggery – 1 medium piece
- Bring water to a boil. Add grated ginger, fennel or sauf, black pepper and tea powder.
- Boil for about 2 to 3 minutes or till the flavors is infused well.
- Add milk and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Switch off the flame and mix jaggery. Mix well.
- Filter tea into cups.
- Tasty Milk Jaggery Tea is ready to serve.
* Adjust jaggery according to your taste.
* Don’t add jaggery in milk tea when it’s boiling otherwise milk may curdle.