Til Chikki is a nutritious treat made with til or sesame seeds and jaggery or gur. The sesame seeds are naturally rich in calcium. They are also a rich source of minerals like copper and manganese. Jaggery or gur is loaded with antioxidants and minerals such as zinc. It’s a good source of iron. During winters jaggery or gur provides warmness as strength to the body.
White Sesame – 1 cup
Grated Gur or jaggery – 1 cup
Ghee – 2 tbsp
Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
Fennel – 1 tsp
Cashews ( cut into half ) and Raisins – 14 pieces
A pinch of salt
- Roast sesame seeds in a non-stick pan on medium flame until they are brown. Do not over roast the seeds, else they can become bitter in taste.
- Once the seeds are roasted well take them out on a plate, let them cool down.
- Put 1 teaspoon ghee into the pan and melt the jaggery pieces into it. Once the jaggery pieces meltdown cook them for another 2 minutes while stirring them continuously.
- Add cardamom powder, fennel, salt into mixture.
- Pour mixture into greased tray and spread it with the help of greased spatula ( make sure that the mixture is hot ).
- Put the cashews and raisins on the mixture and press with hands to fix them.
7. Cut the mixture with a knife in the desired shape. Let the chikki cool down.
8. After chikki cools down pick up each piece from the greased tray with the help of a knife.
Til Chikki is ready.
Categories: Sweet Treat