Perfect Tea Time cake – Banana Choco Walnut Cake is a delightful combination made with whole wheat flour, bananas, brown sugar, cocoa powder, and walnuts give perfect crunch.
Ripe Banana – 4
Whole Wheat Flour – 1&1/2 cups
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Baking soda or eno – 1/2 tsp
Brown sugar – 1/2 cup
Refined Oil – 1/2cup
Vanilla extract – 1/2 tsp
Walnuts chopped – 1/4 cup
Cocoa powder – 2 tbsp
A pinch of salt
Dry Ingredients – Sieve whole wheat flour, baking soda or eno, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder directly in the bowl and add chopped walnuts.
Wet Ingredients – In a mixer add bananas, sugar, oil, vanilla essence and grind it into a smooth paste.
Mix dry and wet mixtures well. Pour the batter in a greased pan.
Sprinkle some chopped walnuts tap and shake the pan. Bake for 50 – 60 minutes.
Pressure Cooker Method:
Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin.
- Use the baking tin of 6 inches in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker.
- Use a 5-liter pressure cooker. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan.
- Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium.
- If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn ( over bake ) the cake. So use pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand.
- No gasket and whistle are needed. Remove them before baking.
- Don’t add water to the pressure cooker.
Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes.
Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker. Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand. Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter ( Do not put water inside the pressure cooker).
Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber ring) from the lid. Lower the flame after 2 minutes.
Let it bake for 50 -60 minutes on low flame. After 50 minutes check cake with a knife, if the mixture does not stick, it means the cake is done. If batter still sticks to knife then again bake for 10 minutes. Do not open the lid immediately.
Do not open the lid immediately.
After 10 minutes open the lid to check whether the cake is done. Put a knife inside the cake.
If the mixture does not stick to it, it means the cake is done.
Enjoy eggless pressure cooker cake.