Dahi vada is a delicious recipe served as a Snacks. It is made with urad dal and moong daal. Dahi vada is served with thick curd and garnished with sweet and sour chutney. I used idli maker for making this Dahi vada. Steamed Dahi vada is more healthy and fat-free as compared to fried Dahi vada.
Healthy & Super Easy & Super Tasty
Urad Daal – 3/4 cup
Moong daal – 3/4 cup
Salt to taste
Eno – 1/2 tsp
For Garnishing With Curd:
Thick curd – 2 cups
Roasted cumin powder – 4 tbsp
Chaat masala – 4 tbsp
Red chili powder – 2 tbsp
Pomegranate pearls – 1/2 cup
Kiwi Pear green chutney– 1/4 cup
Amchoor Gur Chutney- 1/4 cup
Soaked both daals overnight or at least 6 hours.
*How to make Steamed Dahi Vada?
- Grind both soaked daals in a mixer and grind them without water to make a coarse paste. Now whisk daal batter for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Pour 2 cups of water in the pressure cooker or in a deep kadhai and allow water to boil for 5 minutes. Now add eno into a dahi vada batter and pour 1 tsp of water over it. Mix batter well.
- Now pour batter into a greased idli moulds. Now place idli stand in the cooker or kadhai. Close the lid of the cooker (do not put the whistle on the lid, if using cooker).
- Cook Idli on a high flame for 10 – 15 minutes. Turn off the gas. Open the pressure cooker or kadhai lid, Check with a toothpick if it cum out clean then it’s done. Then remove the stand, separate the plates, let it cool down completely.
- Now scoop out the dahi vada with the help of a spoon and place on a plate.
6. Now take 2 cups of water, a little salt and boil for 3-4 minutes. Switch off the gas. Let it cool for 1-2 minutes.
7. Add steamed dahi vadas and let it sit for 10 minutes. Take each vada and press between your palms to remove excess water.
*How to serve it?
- Whisk curd until smooth. Place vadas on the serving plate. Pour curd over the vadas.
- Top with the green chutney and sweet sour chutney as required.
- Sprinkle some roasted cumin powder and red chili powder, chat masala, pomegranate pearls.
- Serve Healthy Dahi Vadas
Categories: Snack Recipes