Homemade Khoya or Mawa With Milk Powder – Ready in 10 minutes
Khoya or Mawa is a dairy product which is widely used in sweets and rich curries. Khoya or mawa with milk powder is an easy and super quick recipe. Khoya is ready within 10 minutes.
You can use this homemade Khoya or Mawa for making any sweet like barfi, carrot halwa, quick lauki halwa, gulab jamun or stuffing for Gujiya. Here, I used skimmed milk powder but you can use full-fat milk powder as well.
Homemade Khoya or Mawa With Milk Powder
Skimmed Milk powder – 1 cup
Milk – 1/2 cup
Butter – 2 tbsp
- Take a nonstick pan on low heat. Add butter, milk and allow it to melt completely.
- Now add milk powder, little by little and mix well. Stir the mixture well and cook until it gets thick and smooth in consistency. There should not be any lumps in the mixture.
- Turn off the flame. When the mixture comes in the form of khoya or Mawa and thick.
- Khoya or Mawa is ready, take it out in a bowl.
- It yields around 1 cup of Mawa.
- Use nonstick pan.
- Cook milk powder Mawa in a very low flame.
Categories: Tuesday Tips