Bottle ground or Lauki Halwa is a vegetable dessert. It is simple and delicious dessert recipe.
It is simple and delicious. Bottle gourd contains less in calories with no fat. It also contains essential vitamins and minerals like Vitamin C Vitamin B, Vitamin K, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Iron, Folate, Potassium, and Manganese. I made this halwa with sugar as well as jaggery and both tastes absolutely delicious. You can also make Lauki Halwa with Jaggery – Lauki Jaggery Halwa
Bottle ground or Lauki Halwa with Sugar –
Grated Lauki – 1 medium size
Milk – 1/2 liter
Fresh thick cream – 1/4 cup
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Ghee – 3 tbsp
Cardamon powder – 1/2 tsp
Chopped dry fruits – 1/4 cup
A pinch of salt
- Heat ghee in a nonstick deep kadhai and add grated bottle g. Cook till all the water dries up on a low flame for 5-8 minutes.
- Then add milk and fresh milk cream bring the whole mixture to a boil and then lower the flame.
- Cook the mixture on a low flame and keep on stirring in between. When the milk reduced to 75% then add sugar and mix it well.
- Stir continuously and cook until almost moisture is evaporated and mixture turns thick. It takes 5-6 minutes.
- Then finally add cardamom powder, nuts, salt, and mix well.
- Yummy Lauki Halwa is ready to serve.