Whole Wheat Dry Fruits Marble Cake is a combination of vanilla and chocolate flavor with dry fruits gives perfect crunchiness. It’s a perfect tea time partner.
Whole Wheat Flour – 1 &1/2 cup
Powdered sugar – 1 cup
Baking Powder – 2 tsp
Refined Oil – 6 tbsp
Chopped Dry Fruits – 1/2 cup
Warm Water – 1/2 cup
Warm Milk – 1/2 cup
Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
Cocoa powder – 2 tbsp
Hot water – 2 tbsp
- Dry Ingredients: Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl. Mix chopped dry fruits and keep it aside.
2. Wet Ingredients: Add oil, water, vanilla extract, milk, and sugar in a grinder and grind until the mixture is smooth.
3. Mix both dry and wet mixtures. In a separate bowl mix, hot water, cocoa powder and add 1/4 cup of the prepared batter. Mix it well.
4. Now both vanilla and chocolate batter is ready. Greased the baking pan with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Now place alternate spoonfuls of chocolate and vanilla batters in the pan. When all the batter is in the pan, using a fork, make swirling pattern through the batters to get the beautiful marble design. Tab it once.
5. Put baking pan into the cooker and bake for 60 minutes.
*Baking may vary.
Pressure Cooker Method:
Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin.
- Use the baking tin of 6 inches in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker.
- Use a 5-liter pressure cooker. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan.
- Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium.
- If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn ( over bake ) the cake. So use pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand.
- No gasket and whistle are needed. Remove them before baking.
- Don’t add water to the pressure cooker.
Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes.
Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker. Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand. Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter ( Do not put water inside the pressure cooker).
Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber ring) from the lid. Lower the flame after 2 minutes.
Let it bake for 50 -60 minutes on low flame. After 50 minutes check cake with a knife, if the mixture does not stick, it means the cake is done. If batter still sticks to knife then again bake for 10 minutes. Do not open the lid immediately.
After 10 minutes open the lid to check whether the cake is done. Put a knife inside the cake.
If the mixture does not stick to it, it means the cake is done.
Enjoy eggless pressure cooker cake.
Categories: Cooker Cake