Apple Chocolate Cake is moist, rich in chocolate made with whole wheat flour, applesauce and lots of walnuts. I have used sweetened applesauce and it makes this cake super moist and tasty.
Applesauce is a sauce made with of apples and water. In this recipe, I used brown sugar instead of water. It can be made sweetened or unsweetened. It makes a good substitute in cakes, sweet bread or muffins.
Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
Apple – 1
Refined Oil – 1/4 cup
Brown Sugar – 1/2 cup
Milk – 1/2 cup
Cocoa powder – 3 tbsp
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Baking soda or eno – 1/2 tsp
Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
Homemade Cinnamon powder – 1/4 tsp
- Applesauce Recipe: In a pan add chopped apple (with skin) and brown sugar. Cook till it’s completely mixed to get a marmalade-like consistency. It will be ready within 10 minutes.
- Dry ingredients: Sieve whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda or eno, cocoa powder and cinnamon powder. Keep it aside.
- Wet ingredients: Now mix milk and oil in a grinder until smooth.
- Add mix apple sauce, dry ingredients, and wet ingredients together. Mix them well.
Put mixture into the baking pan and tab it. Bake for 60 minutes.
Pressure Cooker Method:
Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin.
- Use the baking tin of 6 inches in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker.
- Use a 5-liter pressure cooker. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan.
- Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium.
- If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn ( over bake ) the cake. So use pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand.
- No gasket and whistle are needed. Remove them before baking.
- Don’t add water to the pressure cooker.
Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes.
Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker. Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand. Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter ( Do not put water inside the pressure cooker).
Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber ring) from the lid. Lower the flame after 2 minutes.
Let it bake for 40 -60 minutes on low flame. After 45 minutes check cake with a knife, if the mixture does not stick, it means the cake is done. If batter still sticks to knife then again bake for 15 minutes. Do not open the lid immediately.
Do not open the lid immediately.
After 10 minutes open the lid to check whether the cake is done. Put a knife inside the cake.
If the mixture does not stick to it, it means the cake is done.
Enjoy eggless pressure cooker cake.