Amchur Chutney With Brown Sugar –
Amchur is powder of dried mango powder. Amchur always available at home and it a very easy, quick recipe. Earlier I posted Amchur chutney with gur or jaggery. This time I used brown sugar instead of gur or jaggery. Since gur or jaggery is only available in winters. So I am using brown sugar. You can use normal white sugar too.
Amchoor powder – 4 tbsp
Brown sugar – 1 cup
Water – 2 cups
Raisins – 1 tbsp
Roasted cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Black salt – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Dissolve the amchur powder in a water and bring to one boil on medium high flame.
- Lower the flame and add brown sugar and mix till to dissolve.
- Now add all spices, raisins and mix it gently.
- Cook the chutney on low flame till to right and little thick consistency.
- Keep aside to cool and store in a glass jar.
- This stays good in the fridge for 2-3 months.
Serve this chutney with Moong Daal Oats Tikki.