This cake is a delicious, sinful cake that is healthier, tastier, and eggless, butterless – Isn’t it wonderful? Made with whole wheat flour make it healthier with the crunch of dry fruits. This cake recipe is easy, super moist, and rich in chocolate flavor. This is everything that makes a cake all the more exciting.
Whole wheat flour adds more nutrition, fiber, nutty and tasty flavor, to baked goods and other flours based ( all-purpose flour) recipes. However, this flour can sometimes make the finished product seem drier and produce a coarser texture than using a more refined all-purpose flour.
Adding the right of liquid is essential when baking with whole wheat flour, as the flour tends to absorb liquid more slowly. The general rule of thumb is to add an extra teaspoon of liquid (water, milk, or buttermilk) for each cup of whole wheat flour used.
Pressure Cooker Cake – No Egg, No All Purpose Flour, No Butter | Healthy Chocolate Cake
And if you don’t have an Oven or Microwave? Don’t worry, you can still bake this chocolate cake in your stovetop. Baking at home also gives you control over the quality and quantity of ingredients that go into the making of the cake. This eggless chocolate cake recipe makes it easier and fuss-free to make the classic cake for people with inhibitions over eggs that too without compromising on its flavor. Eggless cakes can be tricky, but they don’t always have to be complicated. This one here is sweet chocolatey flavor and light moist texture make it perfect to celebrate any occasion 🙂
Whole wheat flour – 1 & 1/2 cups
Brown sugar – 1 cup
Cocoa powder – 1/8 cup
Hot water – 1/2 cup
Milk – 1/2 cup
Mix of nuts & seeds – 1 cup
Refined oil – 1/4 cup
Baking powder – 2 tsp
- Dry ingredients – Sieve whole wheat flour, baking powder, cocoa powder. Then add chopped dry fruits and mix them well. Keep mixture aside.
- Wet ingredients – In a grinder mix brown sugar, oil, water, milk and grind them until smooth mixture.
- Mix both dry and wet mixtures together. Now cake batter is ready.
- Now mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients well.
- Put prepared batter into a greased square pan. Sprinkle topping over batter and with help of spatula press nuts gently.
- Tab the pan on a countertop to release any large air bubbles.
- Put the pan into the preheated pressure cooker and bake it for 1 hour.
- Adjust sugar according to your taste.
- Baking time may vary.
- If baking in Oven: Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg Celsius or around 360 Fahrenheit for about 60 minutes. The baking time may vary. So keep checking the cake after 40 to 45 minutes.
Pressure Cooker Method:
Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin.
- Use the baking tin of 6 inches in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker.
- Use a 5-liter pressure cooker. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan.
- Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium.
- If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn ( overbake ) the cake. So use a pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand.
- No gasket and whistle are needed. Remove them before baking.
- Don’t add water to the pressure cooker.
How to Bake In A Pressure Cooker?
- Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes. Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker. Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand.
- Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter ( Do not put water inside the pressure cooker).
- Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber ring) from the lid.
- Lower the flame after 2 minutes. Let it bake for 50 -60 minutes on low flame. After 60 minutes check the cake with a knife, if the mixture does not stick, it means the cake is done.
- If batter still sticks to knife then again bake for another 10 minutes. Do not open the lid immediately.
- Eggless Pressure Cooker Cake is ready.
Categories: Cooker Cake