Healthy Breakfast – Oats are high in fiber and provide important proteins and also loaded with iron. Oats poha is a healthy breakfast recipe and it’s ready within 10 minutes. By adding fresh veggies and sprouts makes oats poha healthier.
Oats – 1/2 cup
Finely chopped onion -1
Grated Carrot – 1
Boiled Sprouts – 1/2 cup
Finely chopped chilly – 1
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – 5
Roasted white sesame seeds – 1/4 cup
Juice of one lemon
Salt to taste
Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
Pav bhaji masala – 1/2 tsp
Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Roast oats in a non-stick pan for 2 -3 minutes on medium flame (stirring continuously).
- Put roasted oats in a flat plate and let it cool down completely. Now sprinkle some water on it and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. Allow it to crackle and then add curry leaves.
- Then add onion and cook for 2-3 minutes. Then add chili, carrot, boiled sprouts along with all spices, cook for 5-8 minutes covered in medium flame.
- Add soaked oats and cook for 3 minutes on high flame.
- Switch off the flame and cover cooked oats with a lid, let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Finally, add lemon juice and sprinkle sesame seeds and serve hot with Tea.
- Don’t wash roasted oats. Just sprinkle roasted oats with a little water until they are soft.
- You can keep roasted oats in an airtight container and use when required.
- Roast oats in a non-stick pan for 2 -3 minutes on medium flame (stirring continuously). Put roasted oats in a flat plate and let it cool down completely. Store in an airtight container.