Vanilla Custard Marble Cake is delicious and it has a unique flavor of custard and chocolate together. It’s very easy and quick recipe. Best served with a hot cup of evening tea.
Flours (Whole Wheat Flour: Maida, 50:50) – 3/4 cup
Vanilla flavored custard powder – 90 ml ( 1/4 cup + 1/8 cup )
Baking powder – 1/2 tsp + 1/8 tsp
White Powdered Sugar – 1/2 cup
Refined Oil – 6 tbsp
Milk – 3/4 cup
Cocoa powder – 2 tbsp
Warm water – 2 tbsp
- Dry ingredients: Sieve flours, custard powder, and baking powder. Keep it aside.
- Wet ingredients: Now add sugar, oil, milk in a grinder and make a smooth batter.
- Mix both dry and wet ingredients. Mix them well.
- Take out 1/4 cup of prepared batter. Add cocoa powder and 2 tbsp of hot water. Mix it well.
- Now custard batter and cocoa batter both are ready. Now place alternate spoonfuls of custard batter. Then add cocoa batter in the pan with a spoon. By using a knife, make swirling pattern through the batters to get the beautiful marble design.
- Do same with rest of batter. Tab the baking pan and put the cake into the cooker. Bake for 60 minutes.
*You can reduce or increase the amount of sugar according to your taste.
*It stays fresh up to 3 days when keeping in the refrigerator ( in an air-tight container ).
*If you are having cake next day just microwave for 10 seconds.
*Baking time may vary.
Pressure Cooker Method:
Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin.
- Use the baking tin of 6 inches in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker.
- Use a 5-liter pressure cooker. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan.
- Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium.
- If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn ( over bake ) the cake. So use pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand.
- No gasket and whistle are needed. Remove them before baking.
- Don’t add water to the pressure cooker.
Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes.
Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker. Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand. Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter ( Do not put water inside the pressure cooker).
Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber ring) from the lid. Lower the flame after 2 minutes.
Let it bake for 60 minutes on low flame. After 60 minutes switch off the heat. Do not open the lid immediately.
After 10 minutes open the lid to check whether the cake is done. Put a knife inside the cake.
If the mixture does not stick to it, it means the cake is done.
Enjoy eggless pressure cooker cake.
Categories: Cooker Cake