Basic Vanilla Cake has a rich flavor of vanilla. It is moist and soft, perfect for tea time.
Flour – 1 and 1/2 cup
( I used 50:50, Whole Wheat Flour: Maida )
White Powdered Sugar -1 cup
Milk – 1 Cup
Baking powder – 2 tsp
Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
Refined Oil – 6 tbsp
- Dry Mixture – Sieve flour, baking powder and keep aside.
- Wet Mixture – In a grinder mix sugar, oil, milk, vanilla essence and grind until a smooth batter.
- Mix both dry and wet mixtures together and mix well ( if batter is dry add 2-3 tbsp milk )
- Pour cake batter into baking pan and tab it. Bake it for 60 minutes.
*Adjust sugar according to your taste.
Pressure Cooker Method:
Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin.
- Use the baking tin of 6 inches in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker.
- Use a 5-liter pressure cooker. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan.
- Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium.
- If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn ( over bake ) the cake. So use pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand.
- No gasket and whistle are needed. Remove them before baking.
- Don’t add water to the pressure cooker.
Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes.
Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker. Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand. Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter ( Do not put water inside the pressure cooker).
Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber ring) from the lid. Lower the flame after 2 minutes.
Let it bake for 60 minutes on low flame. After 60 minutes switch off the heat. Do not open the lid immediately.
After 10 minutes open the lid to check whether the cake is done. Put a knife inside the cake.
If the mixture does not stick to it, it means the cake is done.
Enjoy eggless pressure cooker cake.
Categories: Cooker Cake