It’s yummy and easy breakfast recipe with lots of goodness. Beetroot is my favorite vegetable and I always try to add beetroot in my daily diet. The easiest way to eat beetroot is mix with whole wheat flour and make roties or parathas. For this healthy paratha I used very less oil for roasting and for stuffing, I used boiled sprouts with onions. Sprouts are a powerhouse of protein and dietary fiber, it’s a perfect breakfast or lunch option.
Beetroot Paratha stuffed with Sprouts – Healthy Breakfast
Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
Boiled and Puree Beetroot * – 1 medium size yields 1/2 cup
Oil – 1 tsp
Warm Water as needed
Sprouts – 1 cup
Finely chopped green chili – 2
Few Finely chopped coriander leaves
Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Pav bhaji masala – 1 tsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for roasting
Mix all dough ingredients and make a soft dough. Keep, it aside (covered).
- Boil Sprouts with 1 cup of water in a saucepan for 5 minutes on medium flame. After 5 minutes strain boiled sprouts and let it cool completely.
- Then Coarsely grind boiled sprouts along with green chili.
3. Now put oil in a nonstick pan and add cumin seeds. Allow it to crackle. Then add coarsely ground sprouts & green chili mixture with turmeric, coriander powder, pav bhaji masala, red chilli powder. Cook for 10 minutes on low flame until mixture is dry.
4. Take out the prepared mixture on a plate and let it cool completely. Now add finely chopped onions or coarsely grind onions and squeezed its water. Add chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
For making parathas:
- Make small balls from the dough, roll them and place the stuffing on one of the rolled parathas.
- Roll gently and sprinkle flour as required while rolling.
- Heat tava and let it become hot. Place the paratha on the hot tava.
- Roast from both the sides till golden with a little oil.
Serve hot with lassi.