A sweet and spiced Apple Jaggery Chutney made with the goodness of apple blended in the flavor of jaggery and spices. A great accomplishment with parathas and chaats.
Apples are extremely rich in important antioxidants, and dietary fiber. Whereas Jaggery is loaded with antioxidants and minerals.
Apple Jaggery Chutney
Apple (Cubed with skin ) – 2 medium
Brown sugar – 2 tbsp
Juice of two lemons
Grated jaggery – 1/2 cup
Grated ginger – 2 tbsp
Raisins – 1/4 cup
Oil – 1 tsp
Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
Roasted cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
Amchur powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
- Take 2 cups of water in a bowl and add 1 tbsp of lemon juice. Mix well and add apple cubes in it. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add ginger and sauté for a minute. Then add drain apples with brown sugar. Cook for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Switch off the gas and let it cool for 5 minutes. Then grind apple into a smooth puree.
- Switch on the gas and add apple puree, jaggery, 1 tbsp of lemon juice, raisins and all spices.
- Mix well and cook chutney on low flame for 10 minutes till it becomes thick.
- Cool down to room temperature, store in a glass jar.
Yummy Apple Chutney is ready.