Protein Pack Snack – Kala Channa Shammi Kabab
Kala Channa or Black Chickpeas are a rich source of protein. It is low in fat, high in dietary fiber and rich in vitamins and minerals.
Kala Channa Shammi Kabab s are excellent as starters and it’s easy, delicious.
Boiled and crumbled Kala Channa – 1 Cup
Finely chopped onion – 1 medium
Finely chopped ginger – 1 tbsp
Finely chopped garlic – 1 tbsp
Finely chopped chilies – 1 tbsp
Tumeric – 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Chicken masala – 1/2 tsp
Besan or gram flour – 1 tbsp
Cornflour – 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Finely chopped coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
Roasted & crushed peanuts – 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
- Heat oil in a pan and add jeera. Allow them to crackle then add chopped ginger-garlic, onions, green chilies and cook for 2 mins.
- Add besan or gram flour and cook for 2 minutes. Add turmeric, coriander powder, chicken masala with 2 tbsp of water and cook for 1 minute.
- Now add boiled & crumbled kala channa and mix well.
- Now add lemon juice, cornflour, peanuts, chopped coriander leaves and make a soft dough. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Now shape them into kababs and shallow fry them till golden brown.
Serve hot with fresh coriander chutney and curd.
* You can make kala channa kababs with leftover kala channa gravy.
Categories: Snack Recipes