Protein Pack Snack – Kala Channa Shammi Kabab
Kala Channa or Black Chickpeas are a rich source of protein. It is low in fat, high in dietary fiber and rich in vitamins and minerals.
Kala Channa Shammi Kababs are excellent as starters and it’s easy, delicious.
Boiled and crumbled Kala Channa – 1 Cup
Finely chopped onion – 1 medium
Finely chopped ginger – 1 tbsp
Finely chopped garlic – 1 tbsp
Finely chopped chilies – 1 tbsp
Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Chicken masala – 1/2 tsp
Besan or gram flour – 1 tbsp
Cornflour – 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Finely chopped coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
Roasted & crushed peanuts – 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
- Heat oil in a pan and add jeera. Allow them to crackle then add chopped ginger-garlic, onions, green chilies and cook for 2 mins.
- Add besan or gram flour and cook for 2 minutes. Add turmeric, coriander powder, chicken masala with 2 tbsp of water and cook for 1 minute.
- Now add boiled & crumbled kala channa and mix well.
- Now add lemon juice, cornflour, peanuts, chopped coriander leaves and make a soft dough. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Now shape them into kababs and shallow fry them till golden brown.
Serve hot with fresh coriander chutney and curd.
* You can make kala channa kababs with leftover kala channa gravy.
Categories: Snack Recipes