Makhana is rich in calcium, protein, carbohydrates, phosphorous, iron, thiamine and zinc. It can be a great nutritious snack. Makhana Cutlets is super easy and delicious snack.
Calcium Rich Chaat – Makhana Cutlets
Makhanas ( without roasted ) – 2 cups
Boiled& Mashed potatoes – 1 big
Crumbled Paneer – 1/2 cup
Finely chopped green chili- 2
Red chili powder – 1/4 tsp
Chaat masala – 1/2 tsp
Amchur powder – 1/4 tsp
Roasted cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
Roasted crushed peanuts – 2 tbsp
Crushed roasted makhana- 1/2 cup
Oil for shallow fry
- Soak the makhana water for 1 hour. Then squeeze the water from the makhana and roughly mash them in a bowl.
- Now mix all above ingredients mentioned for cutlets and make a soft dough.
- Divide the mixture into small portions and make cutlets.
- Dab the cutlets in makhana crumbs and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat little oil in pan and place cutlets in a pan. Shallow fry till both sides are golden brown and crisp.
Serve hot with Amchur Gur Chutney and Guava Coriander Chutney.
*For Makhana crumbs:
Take a 1/2 cup of makhana and roast them for 5 minutes. Let it cool completely and run it in a food processor into a fine powder.
* Initially cutlets will be very soft so flip cutlets carefully.
Categories: Snack Recipes