Poha kheer can be prepared very easily and instantly. I used jaggery or gur instead of sugar as jaggery is rich in iron.
Poha Gur Kheer
Poha ( wash and soaked with little water for 10 minutes) – 1/2 cup
Gur or jaggery – 3/4cup ( you can increase according to your taste )
Full fat milk – 1/2 liter
Water – 1/2 cup
Dry fruits chopped – 1/4 cup
Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Boil milk in a deep heavy kadai. When milk starts simmering, reduce the flame and add soaked poha.
- Now cook on low flame and stir after every 1 or 2 minutes. Cook until poha turns puffy and its granules are nicely mixed in milk.
- Cook for 10 minutes in low flame. Now allow to kheer cool completely.
4. Take 1/2 cup of water in a pan, cardamom powder and add 3/4 cup of gur.
5. Allow gur to dissolve completely. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Cool gur syrup completely.
Now add gur syrup in poha kheer and mix well.
6. Garnish with dry fruits and serve.
Delicious poha gur kheer is ready to serve.