Easy Quick Tasty Dinner Or Lunch Recipe
Moong Daal is very nutritious and packed with protein and low on carbs. Lehsuni Moong Daal is perfect for lunch or dinner. Lehsuni means flavored with garlic. It is extremely good with hot chapati or plain rice.
Moong Daal With Garlic
Washed & soaked ( 3 hours ) Yellow moong daal – 1/2 cup
Finely chopped tomato – 2
Finely chopped green chili – 1
Finely chopped garlic – 5
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Mustard seeds or Rai – 1/4 tsp
Red chili powder – 1/4 tsp
Tumeric – 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Sabzi masala – 1 tsp
Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Boil daal with 1 & 1/2 cups of water with turmeric ( 1/4 tsp), salt, finely chopped tomatoes, green chilli.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add cumin. Allow it to crackle and then add mustard seeds or rai. Put red chilli powder, turmeric (1/4 tsp), corainder powder, sabzi masala, garam masala and chopped garlic.
- Saute garlic for 2 minutes on low flame until little brown.
- Then add tadka in a boiled daal and mix well. Cook for daal for 2 minutes.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with chapatis or steamed rice.
* Add more water if daal is thick.