Matar Mushroom Sabzi: Quick Lunch or Dinner Recipe
It’s very easy lunch /dinner recipe made with mushroom, sliced onions, peas. I have learned this recipe from my sister in law (Jaitani), Anita Karki. After my mom, she is the one from whom I have learned many recipes like quick fix Shahi Paneer with very less oil and many more basic kitchen tips. Thank you so much Anu Di, you always be an inspiration for me.
Washed, cleaned, sliced mushrooms – 200 grams
Peas – 1/2 cup
Finely chopped onion – 1 big
Finely chopped tomato – 1 big
Finely chopped coriander – 1/4 cup
Finely chopped green chilly – 1
Finely chopped ginger – 1 inch
Finely chopped garlic – 3
Sabzi masala – 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Boil mushrooms with 1/2 cup of water for 6 – 10 minutes. Drain water and keep them aside.
- Now boil peas in a pan with 1/2 cup of water for 5-6 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan then add onions cook until translucent.
- Then add garlic and ginger cook for a min. Add sabzi masala, coriander powder and cook for a min.
- Now add chopped tomato and cook until masala leaves oil.
6. Add boiled mushroom, peas, green chilly and cook for 5 minutes (covered ).
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with hot parathas and chapatis.