Kaju Burfi is also known as Kaju Katli is an extremely popular North Indian Sweet. It is made with cashews, sugar, and water. It is an easy, quick sweet recipe.
Cashews or Kaju ( powdered ) – 1 cup
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Water – 1/4 cup
Milk powder ( optional ) – 1/8 cup
Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Powder the cashews or kaju in a grinder. Add milk powder and mix well with hands.
- Heat a nonstick pan add sugar and water. When all the sugar dissolved in the water, add the cashew and milk powder mixture.
- Keep on stirring the cashew mixture on a low flame.
4. Cook till the cashew mixture starts to come together. Remove from heat and when cool enough to handle, grease your hands with some ghee and knead the mixture until smooth.
5. Now roll it onto a greased surface, with a greased rolling pin.
Let it cool for 5 mins.
6. Now cut into diamond shaped pieces.
Delicious Kaju Burfi is ready.
1. Use heavy nonstick pan.
2. Avoid using refrigerated cashews. If refrigerated, take out cashews before an hour before grinding.
3. Don’t overrun the blender, the powder turns oily and lumpy.
4. Use a pizza cutter for best results.
Categories: Sweet Treat