Best Use of Leftover Bread
Bread Halwa is super simple, super quick and super Delicious.
Bread – 8
( grind into coarse powder it yields 3 cups )
Milk – 1& 1/4 cup
Brown sugar – 3/4 cup
Ghee – 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp
Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
Broken cashews – 2 tbsp
Salt a pinch
- Heat ghee in a pan and add bread coarse powder. Roast for 5 mins.
- Now add milk and mix well. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Keep stirring in the same direction until all the bread absorbs milk and get together and turn brown color.
- Add sugar and mix well. Cook till the mixture becomes thick.
- Now add 1 tbsp of ghee, cardamom powder, salt, and cashews.
Bread Halwa is ready.