Kalakand is a rich sweet made with is paneer and milk. It is soft and grainy in texture.
Crumbled paneer – 200 gms
Full Fat Milk – 1 liter
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Chopped Pista and almonds – 1/4 cup
Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Boil milk in a deep non-stick pan and boiled till it reduces to half. Keep on stirring the milk with a spoon at short intervals so it doesn’t stick at the bottom of the pan.
- The consistency of the milk will become extremely thick once it is reduced to half.
Now add crumbled paneer to the milk and stir it continuously.
3. Cook the mixture till it gets thick and looks like mawa. Add sugar to it and stir the mixture. Cook it till the mixture reaches the consistency of making a burfi.
4. Pour the mixture into the greased tray and let it set. Garnish with chopped pistachios and almonds.
5. Let it rest for 2 hours before slicing.
6. Now cut into the desired shape. Keep burfi in an airtight container.
* Use deep non-stick kadhai.