Besan Til Burfi is a sweet and delicious sweet made with besan and ghee. It can be prepared on any occasion. It is rich in taste and texture. I made Besan Til Burfi on the occasion of Diwali.
Besan is also known as gram flour and sesame seeds give perfect crunch and make it tastier.
Besan Til Burfi
Besan – 2 cups
Oil or ghee – 3/4 cup
Milk – 1 tbsp
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Sesame seeds or Til ( roasted ) – 1/4 cup
Salt – a pinch
For Sugar Syrup:
Sugar – 1 cup
Water – 1/2 cup
- Take besan in a bowl add milk and 1tbsp ghee. Mix all the ingredients with hands and run mixture in food processor or mixer.
- Heat oil or ghee in a pan. Add besan and continuously stir the mixture until it gets golden brown. Take the roasted besan out on a plate.
- Add sugar and water in a pan. Cook sugar until it melts. After the sugar melts cook for 2 minutes more and checks it.
- Take little amount of sugar on a plate and check whether it has two thread consistency or not.
- Add besan in the sugar syrup and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add sesame, salt and mix well.
- Grease any plate or tray with ghee. Pour the besan mixture in greased plate. Spread mixture evenly on the plate. Allow to cool the mixture for 2 hours.
- Now cut them into the desired shape and enjoy. Store it in air tight container.
*Instead of til or sesame seeds you can add mix dry fruits of your choice.
Categories: Sweet Treat