Sooji Atta Cake is one the simplest and easiest cake ever. It is made of sooji which is also known as rava, semolina. With the goodness of wheat, this is one of the favorite recipes that I have baked. Serve this cake warm, with a cup of hot tea or coffee.
Sooji* – 1 cup
Whole Wheat flour – 1 cup
Powdered Sugar – 3/4 cup
Curd – 1/2 cup
Refined Oil – 1/2 cup
Little warm milk – 3/4 cup
Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
Baking soda or Eno – 1/2 tsp
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Salt a pinch
- Dry ingredients: Shift sooji, whole wheat flour, cardamom powder, salt together and keep it aside.
- Wet ingredients: In a grinder add curd, oil and powdered sugar, milk. Grind them until smooth.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients together. Keep aside for 30 minutes (covered).
- After 30 minutes add baking soda or eno, baking powder and mix it well.
- Put batter into a greased baking pan and tab the pan.
- Bake in the cooker for 40 minutes.
* Grind sooji in a mixer for 15 seconds. If using fine sooji no need for grinding.
* Adjust sugar according to your taste.
* Baking time may vary.
* If the batter looks dry after 30 minutes. Add 2-4 tbsp of milk and mix it well.
* You can add nuts of your choice.
Pressure Cooker Method:
Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin.
- Use the baking tin of 6 inches in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker.
- Use a 5-liter pressure cooker. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan.
- Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium.
- If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn ( over bake ) the cake. So use pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand.
- No gasket and whistle are needed. Remove them before baking.
- Don’t add water to the pressure cooker.
Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes.
Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker. Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand. Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter ( Do not put water inside the pressure cooker).
Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber ring) from the lid. Lower the flame after 2 minutes.
Let it bake for 40 minutes on low flame. After 40 minutes switch off the heat. Do not open the lid immediately.
After 10 minutes open the lid to check whether the cake is done. Put a knife inside the cake.
If the mixture does not stick to it, it means the cake is done.
Enjoy eggless pressure cooker cake.
Categories: Cooker Cake