This is a unique dessert made with fresh sweet corns with sugar and flavored with cardamom. Fresh cream and milk give this halwa unique and a very rich flavor. Sweet corn lovers do try this halwa.
Sweet Corn Halwa
Coarsely crushed sweet corn – 1 cup
Milk – 1/2cup
Fresh cream – 1/4 cup
Sugar – 1/2cup
Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
Ghee – 2 tbsp
Pinch of salt
- Boil sweet corns with 1 cup of water for 10 minutes on high flame. Switch off the flame.
- Drain water and allow boiled sweet corn to cool down.
- After cooling down roughly chopped sweet corn or run in a blender for 15 seconds (Don’t run continuously)
- Heat ghee in a nonstick pan and add roughly chopped sweet corns. Saute for 15 minutes on low flame.
- Then add milk and fresh cream. Cook for another 10 minutes in low flame until the milk evaporates completely.
3. Add sugar and simmer until it thickens. It takes about 5-8 minutes.
4. Then add chopped raisins and cardamom powder, a pinch of salt with 1 tsp of ghee and mix well.
5. Serve delicious Sweet Corn Halwa.
* Add sugar according to your taste.