Roasted poha namkeen is a savory sweet or spicy mixture. It is also known as chivda. There are many ways of making chivda. It’s very easy, quick to make and it’s roasted not fried. This guilt free namkeen is a good option for mid morning or evening snack.
Healthy Roasted Poha Namkeen
Flattened Rice or Poha – 2 cups
Makhana ( chopped ) – 1 cup
Roasted peanuts – 1/2 cup
Roasted black channa – 1/4cup
Roasted Sesame seeds – 1/4 cup
Cornflakes – 1/2 cup
Raisins – 1/8 cup
Sliced coconut – 1/2 cup
Tumeric- 1/2 tsp
Oregano – 1 tsp
Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Finely chopped green chili – 1
Curry leaves – 10
Ghee – 1 tbsp + 1 tsp
- Dry roast poha (flattened rice) in a deep nonstick pan until a little change in color and the poha get crispy. It will take 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer roasted poha into a big deep bowl or big plate.
- Add 1/2 tsp of ghee and add coconut slices and stir fry until little brown and fragrant. Transfer roasted coconut slices to the same bowl or plate.
Roasted poha and coconut slices mixture are ready.
4. Heat 1 tbsp of ghee in a same nonstick pan and add chopped green chilies and curry leaves and saute for a while. To it add all spices (except oregano) and raisins. Stir again. 5. Add Roasted poha, coconut slices mixture and all other ingredients under namkeen and mix it well.
6. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Take all mixture in a bowl and let it cool completely.
Add oregano and mix it well. Store in an airtight container.
Healthy Snack is ready to eat.
* Roasted Black channa is readymade.
* Adjust spices according to your taste.
Categories: Snack Recipes