Coconut is a South Indian ingredient and its one of my favorite flavors. It becomes more delicious when “baked cakes”. This delicious recipe is very easy. This cake has a goodness of Whole Wheat flour and butter less. Yes “NO Butter” that makes this cake even healthier.
The coconut glaze adds just enough sweetness to this amazingly fluffy cake and moist cake. Coconut lovers do try this yummy, it’s super moist cake.
Coconut Blueberry Cake – In Pressure Cooker
Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
Powdered Sugar – 1/2 cup
Powdered Coconut – 3/4 cup
Baking Powder – 3/4 tsp ( 1/2 + 1/4 tsp)
Baking soda or Eno – 1/2 tsp
Juice of one lemon
Refined Oil – 1/4 cup
Warm Milk – 3/4 cup
Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
Dry Blue Berries* – 1/2 cup
A pinch of salt
Coconut Glaze – 1/2 cup
Roasted powdered coconut powder- 2 tbsp
- Dry Mixture: Sieve flour, baking powder, baking soda or eno, salt into a bowl. Then add blueberries and coconut powder. Mix them well and keep aside.
- Wet Mixture: Add oil, milk, vanilla essence, lemon juice, sugar and grind in a mixer until the mixture is smooth.
- Mix both dry and wet mixtures well.
- Put batter into a greased pan and tab the cake pan on a counter top to release any large air bubbles.
- Put cake pan into the preheated pressure cooker and bake it for 60 minutes.
6. When the cake is done, allow to cool for 10 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan and set them on a rack set over a tray or sheet pan. Make tiny holes in the cake with help of fork before adding the glaze.
7. Now take a spoon of coconut glaze over it. Sprinkle roasted coconut powder. Allow the cake to cool completely before slicing.
*Soaked Dried blueberries in lukewarm water for 1 hour. Drain water and toss blueberries with 2 tbsp of whole wheat flour.
* Baking time may vary.
* Adjust sugar according to your taste.
Pressure Cooker Method:
Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin.
- Use a baking tin of 6 inches in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker.
- Use a 5-liter pressure cooker. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan.
- Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium.
- If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn ( over bake ) the cake. So use pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand.
- No gasket and whistle is needed. Remove them before baking.
- Don’t add water to the pressure cooker.
Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes.
Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker. Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand. Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter ( Do not put water inside the pressure cooker).
Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber ring) from the lid. Lower the flame after 2 minutes.
Let it bake for 60 minutes on low flame. After 60 minutes switch off the heat. Do not open the lid immediately.
After 10 minutes open the lid to check whether the cake is done. Put a knife inside the cake.
If the mixture does not stick to it, it means the cake is done.
Enjoy eggless pressure cooker cake.
Categories: Cooker Cake