Lohri, the bonfire festival celebrates new beginnings and a time to appreciate the elements of nature for a great harvest season and prized crops. Peanut Jaggery and Dry Fruits Chikki is a winter sweet, prepared by mixing various types of nuts. It is a traditional sweet prepared on Lohri Festival.
Winter Festival Special
Peanuts Jaggery Dry Fruits Chikki
Peanuts – 2 cups
Jaggery – 2 cups
White sesame – 1/4 cup
Mix Chopped dry fruits – 1 cup
( Walnuts, Cashews, Raisins)
Fennel seeds – 2 tbsp
Salt to sprinkle
Cardamom powder – 1 tbsp
Ghee – 3 tbsp
- Roast the peanuts. Let it Cool and remove the skin. Roughly chopped them.
- Lightly roast white sesame seeds and keep it aside.
- Grease a flat plate with 1 teaspoon ghee and keep aside.
- Put 2 tbsp of ghee and cook jaggery till a thick syrup is formed.
- To test that the syrup is ready to put a drop in cold water. If it forms a firm ball the syrup is ready.
- Now add peanuts, dry fruits and mix it well on medium flame. Peanut jaggery mixture is ready.
7. Now sprinkle roasted sesame seeds, fennel seeds, salt and cardamom powder on greased plate and immediately spread peanut jaggery mixture on the greased plate.
8. Now grease the base of the bowl and gently spread the peanut Jaggery mixture.
9.Again sprinkle roasted sesame seeds, fennel seeds, salt and cardamom powder again on peanut jaggery mixture and press it gently into greased bowl.
10. Let it cool slightly before cutting into desired shapes.
Categories: Sweet Treat