Best Way To Celebrate Monsoon Having a Slice Of Warm Homemade Cake with Hot Tea
Eggless Marble Banana Cake:
Banana – 4
Whole Wheat Flour – 1 and 1/2 cups
Baking powder – 1tsp
Baking soda or Eno – 1/2 tsp
A pinch of salt
Powdered Sugar – 1/2 cup
Refined Oil – 1/2 cup
Vanilla extract – 1/2 tsp
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
1/4 cup cashews, chopped
2 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp of warm water
2 tbsp of milk*
- Dry Mixture: Sieve whole wheat flour, baking soda or eno, baking powder, salt directly in the bowl and then add chopped walnuts and cashews.
- Wet Mixture: In a mixer add bananas, sugar, oil, vanilla essence and grind it into a smooth mixture.
- Mix both dry and wet mixtures (add a little milk if your batter is little dry* ) and take 1/2 cup of the prepared batter. Keep it aside.
- Add cocoa powder and hot water in the remaining batter. Mix well and keep aside. Now both vanilla and chocolate batters are ready.
- Now place alternate spoonfuls of vanilla batter into greased baking pan. Then add chocolate batter in the pan with a spoon.
- By using a knife, make swirling pattern through the batters to get the beautiful marble design.
- Do same with rest of batter. Lightly tab the baking pan.
- Bake cake for 40 – 45 minutes.
*Baking time may vary.
Pressure Cooker Method:
Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin.
- Use a baking tin of 6 inches in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker.
- Use a 5-liter pressure cooker. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan.
- Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium.
- If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn ( over bake ) the cake. So use pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand.
- No gasket and whistle are needed. Remove them before baking.
- Don’t add water to the pressure cooker.
Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes.
Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker. Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand. Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter ( Do not put water inside the pressure cooker).
Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber ring) from the lid. Lower the flame after 2 minutes.
Let it bake for 40 – 45 minutes on low flame. After 45 minutes switch off the heat. Do not open the lid immediately.
After 10 minutes open the lid to check whether the cake is done. Put a knife inside the cake.
If the mixture does not stick to it, it means the cake is done.
Enjoy eggless pressure cooker cake.
Categories: Cooker Cake