In this Lemon Blueberry Cake, I used ” boiled lemon”. Yes, boiled lemon with skin and it will give you perfect & full flavored of lemon. Lemon lovers do try this cake.
Lemon Cake With Orange Lemon Glaze: It’s Yummy do try …
Flour – 1 cup
( I use 50:50, Whole Wheat Flour : Maida )
Boiled lemon with skin – 1 medium
Powdered Sugar – 1/2 cup
Dried Blueberry * – 1/2 cup
Warm water – 1/4 cup
Curd -1/4 cup
Refined Oil – 1/4 cup
Vanilla custard powder – 1 tbsp
Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
Baking soda or Eno – 1/2 tsp
A pinch of salt
- Boil lemon in a pressure cooker (cook in low flame till one whistle ) or in a sauce pan put 1 cup of water and lemon. Boil for 60 minutes covered in low flame.
- After boiling allow lemon to cool down completely. Then remove its pulp and remove pith from the skin.
- Now grind lemon pulp and skin with 1/4 cup of curd. Lemony Mixture is ready.
For Cake Batter :
- Dry Mixture: Sieve flour, baking powder, baking soda or eno, salt. Then add blueberries* and keep it aside.
- Wet Mixture: In a grinder mix sugar, oil, water, and grind to smooth batter.
- Now mix dry and wet mixture, lemony mixture together and mix well ( if batter is dry add 2 tbsp of milk )
- Pour cake batter into baking pan and tap it. Bake it for 60 minutes.
- When the cake is done, allow to cool for 10 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan and set them on a rack set over a tray or sheet pan.
- Make tiny holes in the cake with help of toothpick or fork before adding the glaze.
- Now take a spoon of orange lemon glaze and pour over it. Allow the cake to cool completely before slicing.
*Soaked Dried blueberries in lukewarm water for 1 hour. Drain water and blueberries with 2 tbsp of whole wheat flour and toss them.
* Baking time may vary.
Pressure Cooker Method :
Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin.
Important Notes :
- Use a baking tin of 6 inches in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker.
- Use a 5-liter pressure cooker. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan.
- Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium.
- If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn ( over bake ) the cake. So use pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand.
- No gasket and whistle are needed. Remove them before baking.
- Don’t add water to the pressure cooker.
Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes.
Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker. Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand. Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter ( Do not put water inside the pressure cooker).
Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber ring) from the lid. Lower the flame after 2 minutes.
Let it bake for 60 minutes on low flame. After 60 minutes switch off the heat. Do not open the lid immediately.
After 10 minutes open the lid to check whether the cake is done. Put a knife inside the cake.
If the mixture does not stick to it, it means the cake is done.
Enjoy eggless pressure cooker cake.
Categories: Cooker Cake