Breakfast is indeed a very important meal. A good breakfast fuels you up and gets you ready for the day. Moong Daal is packed with protein and low on carbs, green gram or moong daal is one of the best vegetarian superfoods. Vegetable moong daal chilla is very easy to make it contains daal as well as fresh veggies.
Vegetable Moong Daal Chilla
Yellow moong daal – 1/2cup
( washed and soaked for 5 hours or overnight )
Rava or Sooji – 2 tbsp
Thick curd – 1/4 cup
Finely chopped Vegetable – 1/2cup
( Carrot, onion, capsicum)
Finely chopped green chili – 2
Tumeric – 1/2 tsp
Water – 1/4 cup
Salt to taste
Oil for making Chilla
- Wash and soaked daal overnight.Grind dal with all above ingredients ( except Vegetables and oil ) with 1/4 cup of water.
- Now add chopped Vegetable and keep aside for 1 hour. After one hour if the batter looks dry add 2-3 tbsp of water.The batter should be like dosa batter.
- Pour 2-3 drops of oil in the hot tava.
- Take 4 tablespoon batter and spread it on the pan making a round shape like Chilla.
- Cook Chilla on medium low flame. Cook Chilla from both sides till light brown.
Serve hot with green chutney.
* Use heavy nonstick tava.
* Flip Chilla only when one side is completely cooked or little brown.