Holi Special – Pumpkin Halwa.
There are many creative ways pumpkin can be incorporated into your diet, including desserts, soups, salads and even cakes too. It contains fiber, potassium, and vitamin C which is good for health.
An exotic Halwa made with the goodness of pumpkins.
Grated Pumpkin – 1 medium size
Milk – 1/2 liter
Fresh thick cream – 1/4 cup
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Ghee – 3 tbsp
Cardamon powder – 1/2 tsp
Chopped dry fruits – 1/4 cup
A pinch of salt
- Heat ghee in a nonstick deep kadhai and add Grated Pumpkin. Cook till all the water dries up on a low flame for 15- 20 minutes.
- Then add milk and fresh milk cream bring the whole mixture to a boil and then lower the flame.
- Cook the mixture on a low flame and keep on stirring in between. When the milk reduced to 75% then add sugar and mix it well.
- Stir continuously and cook until almost moisture is evaporated and mixture turns thick. It takes 10 – 15 minutes.
- Then finally add cardamom powder, nuts, salt,1 tsp of ghee and mix well.
- Yummy pumpkin Halwa is ready to serve.
* Increase or decrease the amount of sugar according to your taste.
* Do not add water to cook the pumpkin, it will dilute the taste. Add milk after sauteing pumpkin in ghee.