Eggless Mixed Blueberry Yogurt cake is a unique cake. It’s a sweet treat for vegetarians. It’s eggless, fluffy, super moist cake. You can have a warm slice of homemade cake with a hot cup of tea.
Mixed Berries Yogurt Cake In Pressure Cooker
Whole Wheat Flour – 1 &1/2 cup
Powdered Sugar – 1 cup
Baking Powder – 2 tsp
Refined Oil – 6 tbsp
Curd – 1/2 cup
Warm Milk – 1/2 cup
Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
Mixed Berries* – 1 cup
- Dry Mixture: Sieve whole wheat flour, baking powder into a bowl. Then add berries and mix it well.
- Wet Mixture: Grind oil, milk, curd, vanilla extract, sugar into a mixer until the mixture is smooth.
- Mix both dry and wet mixtures well.
- Put batter into greased pan. Put batter into greased pan and tab the cake pan on a countertop to release any large air bubbles.
- Bake for 40-60 minutes.
*Soaked Dried blueberries and dried red cranberries in lukewarm water for 1 hour. Drain water and mix berries with 2 tbsp of Whole wheat flour and toss them.
* Baking time may vary.
* Adjust sugar according to your taste.
Pressure Cooker Method:
Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin.
- Use a baking tin of 6 inches in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker.
- Use a 5-liter pressure cooker. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan.
- Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium.
- If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn ( over bake ) the cake. So use pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand.
- No gasket and whistle are needed. Remove them before baking.
- Don’t add water to the pressure cooker.
Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes.
Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker. Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand. Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter ( Do not put water inside the pressure cooker).
Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber ring) from the lid. Lower the flame after 2 minutes.
Let it bake for 40 – 60 minutes on low flame. After 45 minutes switch off the heat. Do not open the lid immediately.
After 10 minutes open the lid to check whether the cake is done. Put a knife inside the cake. If the mixture does not stick to it, it means the cake is done.
If the cake is not done again bake it for 10 more minutes.
Enjoy eggless pressure cooker cake.
Categories: Cooker Cake