Date Jaggery Chutney is a sweet tangy gooey chutney made with dates and jaggery (which is also known as gur) that is the best partner with Indian chaat snacks. This chutney has loads of goodness of dates with jaggery. As we know they both are super healthy.
Dates are a good source of various vitamins and minerals. It’s a good source of energy, sugar, and fiber. Essential minerals such as calcium, iron, phosphorus, sodium, potassium, magnesium and zinc are found in dates. It also contains vitamins such as thiamin, niacin, folate, vitamin A and vitamin K. Whereas in Jaggery is loaded with antioxidants and minerals such as zinc and selenium, which in turn help prevent free-radical damage and also boost resistance against infections. Jaggery also helps increase the total count of hemoglobin in the blood.
Date Jaggery Chutney – Sugarfree Dip
Dates – 1 cup
Grated Jaggery or Gur – 1 cup
Amchoor powder – 1 tsp
Roasted cumin – 1 tsp
Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
Roasted fennel powder – 1/4 tsp
Black salt – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Soak dates in a 1 cup of warm water for one hour. Then remove its seeds and grind dates into a smooth puree.
- Add date puree into a non-stick saucepan and add grated jaggery and mix till to dissolve. Add all spices and mix gently.
- Cook the chutney on low flame till to right and little thick consistency. It takes around 10 minutes.
- Keep aside to cool and store in a glass jar.
- This stays good in the fridge for 6 months.
*You can have the consistency of the sweet chutney as per your choice. Simply alter the amount of water and make the chutney thin or thick as per your choice.