Yummy tangy-sweet chutney with Grapes and Amla made with boiled amla and grapes. This chutney is easy, quick and healthy too.
Amla which is also known as Indian Gooseberry. Amla is a potent source of Vitamin C and also contains iron and calcium. Because it is so versatile, it has become a favorite among the health conscious masses.
Grapes are a very good source of vitamin K and copper as well as a good source of vitamin B2.
Amla Green Grapes Chutney – Winter Special
Boiled Amla – 8
Green Grapes – 1 cup (chopped )
Fenugreek seeds – 1/2 tsp
Fennel – 1/2 tsp
Sugar – 1/4 cup
Oil – 1/2 tsp
Black Salt – 1/2 tsp
Roasted cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
- Boil amla in a deep saucepan with 1 cup of water. Covered it and boil for 10 minutes on medium flame.
- After boiling remove it from gas and let it cool. Then deseed and chopped them into small pieces.
- Heat an oil in a pan and add fenugreek seeds followed by fennel. Allow it to sizzle then add chopped amla and chopped grapes.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and cook it covered for 10 minutes on low flame.
- After 10 minutes add all other spices and sugar. Cook till everything has gelled in a thick mushy consistency.
- Let it cool and store in glass jar. Enjoy anytime.
- If grapes are sweet then add less sugar.
- If grapes are sour then increase the amount of sugar.
- Allow to cool and store in sterilized glass jar.
- Keep chutney in the refrigerator after every use. Use a clean and dry spoon.