Beetroot Rava Dhokla is quick and easy to make, flavor with the goodness of beetroot. It is made with rava which is also known as sooji or semolina. This dhokla does not require any grinding or fermenting. Just mix all the ingredients, let them rest for half an hour and then steam the batter. By adding beetroot it not only looks tempting it increases its nutritional value. It gives the dhokla a fabulous aroma and flavor. Dhokla lovers do try it.
Beetroot Rava Dhokla:
Rava or sooji or semolina – 1 cup (roasted)
Beetroot small * – 1
Curd – 1/4 cup
Water -1 & 1/4 cup
Oil – 1 tbsp
Eno – 1 tsp
Juice of one lemon
Chopped green chili – 1
Salt to taste
Mustard seeds or Rai – 1/2 tsp
White sesame seeds – 1 tbsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Water – 1/4 cup
- Pressure cooker chopped beetroot with 1 & 1/4 cup of water for 10 minutes on medium low flame or you can microwave chopped beetroot at high power for 10 minutes ( covered). Let it cool and grind into smooth paste.
- Mix all the dhokla ingredients and beetroot puree (except eno) and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Keep 2 cups of water in a deep kadhai and put a stand in it. Cover it and let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Now add eno in a prepared dhokla batter and pour 1 tsp of lemon juice over it. Mix well.
- Pour batter into the greased aluminum pan and tap it once. Steam for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes check with a toothpick if it cum out clean then it’s done.
- Switch off the flame and take out the dhokla. Allow it to cool down completely.
- For tempering: Heat oil in a small pan. First add the mustard seeds. Let them pop first. Then add sesame seeds and allow to crackle.
- Add 1/4 cup of water in the tempering. Boil for 1 minute. Switch off the flame.
- Spread tempering over dhokla and cut into the desired shape and enjoy.
Enjoy with green chutney or sauce.
- Don’t add extra water while grinding boiled beetroot. Use same water in which beetroot is boiled.
- You can boil beetroot in the microwave also. Add chopped beetroot in a microwave safe bowl and put 1 & 1/4 cup of water. Microwave for 10 minutes (covered) on high power.
If you are looking more healthy recipes with Beetroot here are some:-