Jaggery or gur is loaded with antioxidants and minerals such as zinc. It’s a good source of iron. During winters jaggery or gur provides warmness as strength to the body. By adding dry fruits and sesame seeds it became more nutritious.
Winter Special: Yummy Healthy Gur Ka Paratha with Sesame Super Yummy and Healthy
Whole Wheat flour – 2 cups
Lukewarm Water as needed
Jaggery – ¾ cup (chopped)
Cashews – 5
Walnuts – 5
Roasted sesame seeds – 1/4 cup
Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
Green cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
Wheat flour – 3 tbsp
Salt a pinch
Oil or ghee for roasting paratha
Knead a Dough and keep aside.
- Grind all ingredients mentioned under stuffing (except Sesame seeds and oil) into a fine powder.
- By adding flour mixture will be bread crumbs like mixture. Now add roasted sesame seeds and mix well.
- Now, preheat tawa. Take little amount of dough and roll it. Dust with dry flour and roll it little thick.
- Spread some ghee on top of the rolled paratha. Now place 2 tbsp of stuffing on the paratha and roll it back into a ball.
- Close the stuffing properly. Flatten the ball so that stuffing gets even. Dust it again with dry flour and roll it gently.
- Apply little oil on tawa and place the paratha. Roast paratha until it gets brown spots on both the sides.
- Yummy Jaggery or Gur ka paratha is ready.
* Roll paratha with utter care otherwise it may splatter.
* While Cooking jaggery or gur paratha don’t press the paratha when it puffs up as the steam coming out can burn your hand.