Whole Wheat Jaggery Cake is a healthy, yummy cake. It’s made of whole wheat, no sugar, no butter.
Healthy Treat In Winters
Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
Milk – ¾ cup
Grated Jaggery – 3/4 cup
Refined Oil – 1/4 cup
Baking Soda or Eno – 1 tsp
Chopped Walnuts – ¼ cup
Fennel seeds – 1 tbsp
Cardamom powder – 1/2 tbsp
A pinch of salt
- Grind milk, Jaggery, oil in a mixer.
- Sieve whole wheat flour, baking soda and add fennel seeds, cardamom, salt, chopped walnuts. Mix them well.
- Now add milk and jaggery mixture to the flour mixture and mix well. Cake batter is ready to bake.
- Pour batter into the pan and bake for 40 – 60 minutes. Put batter into greased pan and tab the cake pan on a counter top to release any large air bubbles.
* Baking time may vary.
Pressure Cooker Method :
Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin.
Important Notes :
- Use baking tin of 6 inch in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker.
- Use a 5-liter pressure cooker. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan.
- Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium.
- If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn ( over bake ) the cake. So use pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand.
- No gasket and whistle are needed. Remove them before baking.
- Don’t add water to the pressure cooker.
Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes.
Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker. Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand. Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter ( Do not put water inside the pressure cooker).
Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber ring) from the lid. Lower the flame after 2 minutes.
Let it bake for 40 – 60 minutes on low flame. After 40 -60 minutes switch off the heat. Do not open the lid immediately.
After 10 minutes open the lid to check whether the cake is done. Put a knife inside the cake.
If the mixture does not stick to it, it means the cake is done.
Enjoy eggless pressure cooker cake.