My Rakhi Celebration is incomplete without ” Cake “.
Here is My Best Cake ever.
Boiled Orange Red Cranberries Cake in Pressure Cooker
In Orange cake generally, we use juice or zest of orange. But in this cake, I used “boiled orange”. Yes, boiled orange with skin and it will give you perfect & full flavored orange cake. Oranges lovers do try this cake.
Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
( I used 50:50, Whole Wheat Flour: Maida )
Boiled orange puree with skin – 1 medium
Powdered Sugar – 1/2 cup
Chopped dried apricot – 1/4 cup
Dried red Cranberries* – 1/4 cup
Cold milk – 1/4 + 1/4 cup
Refined Oil – 1/4 cup
Vanilla custard powder – 1 tbsp
Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
Baking Soda or Eno – 1/2 tsp
A pinch of salt
- Boil orange in a pressure cooker (cook in low flame till one whistle ) or in a saucepan put 2 cups of water and orange. Boil it for 60 minutes covered in low flame.
- After boiling allow orange to cool down completely. Then remove its pulp and remove pith from the skin.
- Now grind orange pulp and skin with 1/4 cup of milk.
For Cake Batter:
- Dry mixture: Sieve whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda or eno, vanilla custard powder, salt and keep aside. Now mix chopped apricots, cranberries* and keep it aside.
- Wet mixture: In a grinder mix sugar, oil, milk (1/4 cup) and grind until a smooth batter.
- Mix both dry and wet mixtures, boiled oranges mixture together and mix well ( if batter is dry add 2 tbsp of milk )
- Pour cake batter into greased baking pan and tap it. Bake it for 60 minutes.
* Soaked Dried red cranberries in a half cup water for 1 hour. Remove water and dry it completely. Then add into the flour mixture. By soaking it will slice easily.
* For best results use orange with thin skin. “Malta” orange is perfect for this cake.
* You can use 1 cup of whole wheat flour too.
Pressure Cooker Method:
Grease the baking tin with oil and dust it by sprinkling whole wheat flour over greased surface evenly. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin.
- Use a baking tin of 6 inches in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker.
- Use a 5-liter pressure cooker. It should be big enough to hold the baking pan.
- Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium.
- If baking tin comes into direct contact with the base of the pressure cooker, it can burn ( over bake ) the cake. So use pressure cooker container which has big holes in it or any aluminum small stand.
- No gasket and whistle are needed. Remove them before baking.
- Don’t add water to the pressure cooker.
Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes.
Use sea salt or sand as a layer inside a cooker. Put a steel stand on a layer of salt or sand. Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter ( Do not put water inside the pressure cooker).
Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid. Remove the gasket (rubber ring) from the lid. Lower the flame after 2 minutes.
Let it bake for 60 minutes on low flame. After 60 minutes switch off the heat. Do not open the lid immediately.
After 10 minutes open the lid to check whether the cake is done. Put a knife inside the cake.
If the mixture does not stick to it, it means the cake is done.
Enjoy eggless pressure cooker cake.
Categories: Cooker Cake